When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM Lab Services. Specific activities relative to the job function could include: inventory management, order management, chemical management, material handling, and customer service. This position will utilize the advanced functionality of systems and applications relevant to the job function, such as: RIMS, mainframes, procurement applications, and the Microsoft Office suite of programs. Customer interface and excellent communication skills are required. It is also expected that this position will have an understanding of performance metrics, and the ability to capture necessary data pertaining to individuals or team activities. Data integrity and attention to detail are paramount.
Familiarity with laboratory consumable products and vendors in a customer-facing environment. Working knowledge of good documentation cGMP. Experience with inventory management, and purchase order processes are critical.
- Follow well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
- Independently makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
- Demonstrates proficiency at capturing, presenting and explaining job or site specific performance metrics.
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies
- Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Inventory Management:
- Stockroom / POU management, dispensing of product, and direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.
- Perform on-site program replenishments and disbursements.
- Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).
- Sourcing/Order Management:
- Perform order entry, order expediting, customer service call resolution, return goods authorization, processing of backorders.
- Facilitate vendor and customer interaction, problem resolution, executing 3rd party & agent buys.
- Must possess a High School Diploma and preferably an Associate’s degree at minimum.
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- Three to five years of progressive relevant experience preferred.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher.
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values.
- Experience in and around commerce setting, environment or services preferred
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word)
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess ability to independently make decisions to meet and exceed customer requirements; operate and adapt to unfamiliar or changing processes
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Demonstrates basic leadership concepts.
- Have demonstrated initiative in previous work experience.
- Expanded tactical thinking that considers the impact on the broader organization.
- Show concern for well being & success of others.
- Must possess a high level of communication skills to provide guidance to others in performing the work, to effectively present information and respond to questions or customer service requests and interact with various levels of the customer’s organization.
- Must be able to provide suggestions for corrective action and preventive customer service.
- Must be organized and detail oriented to be able to prioritize own and other’s work and meet business productivity metrics.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts, trolleys, hand trucks and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, hairnets and/or safety gloves .
- Some areas may require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses.
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done.
This position is not approved for relocation
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.