Are you passionate about next-generation sequencing (NGS) and enabling precision genomics? We have an opening for an outstanding scientist to lead projects to develop next-generation DNA sequencing assays for Immunotherapy with a particular focus on Oncology. This individual will lead R&D efforts to develop products and establish collaborations with leading academic and pharma partners. The successful candidate will be part of an innovative multi-disciplinary team developing applications for Ion Torrent DNA sequencing. As part of this team, they will be expected to work in a fast paced, complex setting to hard deliverables in a collaborative environment. Critical thinking, determination to succeed, the willingness and courage to push the boundaries on the possible and the drive to deliver are key attributes. The candidate will lead a small team (an individual contributor role is also an option if preferred), and will provide scientific guidance, prioritization, manage deliverables and product development milestones to develop relevant assays and informatics solutions, will collaborate closely with the business partners on strategy, and will establish and maintain collaborations for conference presentations and/or publication.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead large multi-disciplinary teams developing assays in the immunotherapy space
- Directly manage a small team of bioinformatics scientists
- Ensure successful launch of products from conception, innovation through product development and validation.
- Work with leadership to establish and refine strategy and priorities
- Identify, establish, nurture and complete collaborations with leading researchers
- Present at conferences, publish white papers and/or scientific papers
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Immunology, Molecular Biology, or similar. MS and equivalent experience will be considered.
- Experience with multiple complete product development life cycles from concept to development and product testing and final release. Demonstrated ability to lead complex multi-disciplinary products and successfully deliver results.
- Demonstrated scientific background in oncology or immunology, ideally both, as shown by publications, patents, or product development.
- An excellent understanding of genomics, molecular biology, and common biological techniques like PCR and next-generation sequencing.
- Previous experience in a Pharma or Biotech company a major advantage. Understands drug development, biomarkers, and companion diagnostics.
- Previous experience leading a team is a major plus.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Experience with developing next-generation sequencing assays and/or analysis tools, good data mining skills.
- Strong general bioinformatics skills. Hands-on experience with sequence analysis tools (e.g. Blast, bowtie, etc.) and excellent understanding of genomic databases and their annotations (GenBank, RefSeq, ENSEMBL, dbSNP, UCSC genome browser).
- Prefer a proven track record on successfully developed bioinformatics related commercial software products.
- Prefer experience with cloud computing, parallel computing and big data.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.