Job ID :
Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur|China - Shanghai|Singapore - Marsiling
- Responsibility for the commercial results for the APAC region for the Nalgene product line;
- Development & execution of annual sales strategy by customer, channel, country to achieve set short & long-term results;
- Management & Development of the regional distributor/customer network;
- Leadership in the generation & execution of Brand/Business development initiatives (incl. new channel development, new product introduction, co-branding, Licensing, private label, etc.);
- Customer Relationship Management, serving as the first point of TFS contact for distributor network in region.
- Regular market visits (to customers/retailers/distributors);
- Regular regional market condition updates (economic, political, regulatory, commercial, competitive, market intelligence, etc.);
- Leverage & manage existing operational platforms in place at Thermofisher Scientific China;
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly activity & results reports;
- Collection, analysis & presentation of customer/business information for use in the annual operating & planning cycles;
- European and North American trade shows participation (as needed);
- Hiring and management of local rep groups (as needed);
- Other duties and participation in other projects as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in Business, or in Marketing is required;
- MBA strongly preferred;
- Minimum 7 years of commercial experience in consumer market is required;
- Background and experience in a global consumer products company – Combination of CPG/Outdoor experience preferred; bonus to have either Brand, Retail Marketing and sales, and additionally some exposure to online marketing and sales would be a plus, though not a must-have.
- Should be able to advise the best retail and channel plan for each region and country for the product line.
- Demonstrated fluency in English and in at least one more language spoken in the region;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are required;
- Experience managing direct and independent sales rep is highly desirable;
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to work via Skype, IM and other modes of electronic communication are required.
- Ability to travel frequently is required; this role can be based anywhere within the APAC region.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, organized, flexible, a team player and operate with a high degree of autonomy;
- Ability to establish work priorities and manage complex relations via remote location;
- Ability to use resources creatively and think like an entrepreneur;
- Proven track record in leading and working effectively with cross-functional teams including all areas of operations, engineering and finance;
- A high degree of creative ability, analytical skills and independent judgment is required;
- Innovator with the ability to influence management at all levels (internally and externally);
- Ability to embrace change quickly, and to take appropriate risks to improve processes services and products.