Software Engineering Manager
Job ID :
China - Shanghai
- Lead software team to do solid technical design for various products that range from embedded software, PC application to web application.
- Be accountable for software engineering execution for NPD/upgrade/sustaining projects by meeting the project Quality, Cost, Delivery targets. Control design risks & ensure design outputs quality.
- Recruit/develop/retain software technical talents.
- Ensure robust resource planning in terms of CIC project needs, priority vs team capability, capacity. Estimate the engineering efforts accurately and come up with the project & release skeleton level execution plan.
- Define practical and measureable goals for the team to align with the organization strategy, track/measure/report the achievement along the way.
- Implement improvements to CIC software development process. Maintain procedures and documentation related to the process.
- Engage/partner collaboratively and effectively with cross functional teams.
- Continuously identify the gaps in capability and process and develop/upgrade them accordingly. Cultivate a continuous learning and development team culture.
Education & background requirement:
- Experience with complex machinery equipment, instrument and/or similar product is highly desired.
- Master or above Degree in software engineering.
- 10+ years software development experience.
- 5+ years software team management in a cross functional organizational environment.
Knowledge & experience requirement:
- Strong technical background and good grasp of software engineering principles.
- Solid experience on software development process.
- Deep expertise on software architecture.
- Master at least 2 programming languages out of C/C++/Java/C#, and know Python and Pert.
- Good understanding on hardware design (popular processor architecture, signal processing, digital/analog circuit design) is a plus.
- Knowledgeable on project management. Exposure to formal training in Project Management principles (e.g. PMBOK) is a plus.
- Proven ability to figure out technical road map even with ambiguous and complex situation.
- Strong engineering rigor. Proven ability to use rigorous logic, disciplined approach, data analysis and forward/backward reasoning methodology to solve complex problems.
- Demonstrate the company values of integrity, intensity, innovation, and involvement.
- Strong sense of accountability, autonomy, ownership, urgency; Proactive.
- Good communication skill (written and verbal both in English and in Mandarin). Effectively communicate with all kinds of people, up, down, peer, inside and outside of his/her team or organization.
- Passionate; High self-motivated.
- Faster learner.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a matrix, global environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.