- Partner with the Business Director to drive top line growth in the segment
- Partner with the R&D Director to drive on time completion of critical product development stages. Including the tracking of expenses and other important data to drive accountability on key projects
- Drive creation and assist in delivery of executive presentations
- Analyze the global financial information of the Business Segment and assist in the evaluation of alternatives to drive growth.
- Drive the development and preparation of annual strategic plan, annual budget, monthly forecasts, and monthly results analysis.
- Drive continuous improvement and standardization in processes within the business segment. Understand key business segment operating metrics (price realization, volume performance, R&D spending, Marketing spending, etc.) and measure performance to the established metrics.
- Provide financial information to make sound business decisions (e.g., pricing, promotions, rebates).
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc financial reporting as required.
- An undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting is required; an MBA is strongly desired. An ideal candidate will possess excellent academic credentials, a strong aptitude in financial analysis, as well as a technical foundation in accounting.
- The successful candidate will be a well-rounded finance professional with a process-driven focus. He/she should have a minimum of 5-10 years of progressively responsible business experience. Experience in a multi-site, global manufacturing organization is desired.
- Strong knowledge of Excel (i.e., financial models and analysis), Cognos reporting tool (or equivalent), Powerpoint, and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) is required.
- The successful candidate should expect domestic and international travel of 15%.
The successful candidate is personable, highly ethical, and thrives in a collaborative environment. He/she has excellent, open, and proactive communication capabilities, identifying and addressing issues via an open, candid dialog.
Additional characteristics include:
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self motivated with high bias for action.
- Track record of developing meaningful relationships at all levels within an organization – at both the business unit and divisional level, and can operate effectively in a matrix reporting structure.
- High level of energy; can bring a passion to excel. Able to energize and influence a wide spectrum of people, including senior financial and operational professionals.
- Possess a strong set of personal and business values that coincide with those of the 4Is.
- Believes in and demands accountability.
- Ability to thrive and manage in a complex, global business environment.