Project Manager I, Product Data Management
Job ID :
US - California - Carlsbad
- Processes PLM Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and Manufacturing Change Orders (MCOs) following defined procedures if available; develop new procedures as necessary.
- Maintains integrity of Bill of Materials (BOMs), Item Master and Item Branch data, as necessary.
- Tracks Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), creates dashboards and runs/creates reports to ensure Service Level Agreements are met.
- Investigates root cause of technical issues and communicates with different functions to find results, as necessary.
- Participates as a Subject-Matter Experts (SME) in multifunctional projects and/or drives small scopes projects, as appropriate.
- Recognizes situations that are not explicitly called out in procedures or are ambiguous; acts on knowledge of policy and works with others to recommend resolutions or clarification.
- Drives process improvements where necessary.
- Works with sites to integrate site requirements into global model processes.
- Drives and communicates updates to data standards, system and processes to affected functions/groups.
- Applies fundamental understanding of data standards to exceptional cases and complex situations.
- Creates training materials and delivers classroom training on new processes/requirements including training functions outside of the Product Data Management team, as necessary.
- Serves as a mentor to peers to resolve technical issues with data or change orders.
- Has basic understanding of downstream systems (e.g. customer relations management (CRM), eCommerce, distribution logistics, commercial content authoring, etc.) that may affect internal and external customers.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Bachelor degree or equivalence experience. Applied technical knowledge of Product Life Management and ERP/MRP systems is preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant Product Life Cycle Management/Data Management experience.
- Advance understanding of New Product Introduction or Changes and Discontinuations; and basic understanding of other Product Data Management responsibilities.
- Builds positive internal relationships in an extended network across many functional areas (outside of standard approvals) to support business processes.
- Works independently on new and ongoing assignments, following standard procedures. Works independently on activities where procedures are not available.
- Follows standard procedures or works with team members to develop new ones to complete new assignments.
- Develops resolutions to technical issues/problems with coworkers.
- Collaborates with manager for guidance when/if appropriate.
- Expert on ERP/PLM systems, has clear understanding of Bill of Material (BOM) structures and the product lifecycle management processes.
- Understands sku/data setup in downstream systems (sales orders, inventory movement, etc.).
- Understands Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), FDA regulations and change control management.
- Is Proficient in computer applications and current software (Excel, Outlook and Word).