When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Portable Analytical Instruments, a business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is the leader in handheld XRF, Raman, and Infrared devices that enable precise material identification and characterization across a wide variety of end markets. It is the product of three acquisitions over the past decade and brings together a product portfolio with leading market positions globally.
The Global Commercial Director is a key member of the business Leadership Team and is responsible for leading the sales force to achieve the business units’ annual revenue, growth, and profitability objectives by creating and implementing robust forecasting and sales processes, hiring, retaining and developing key talent, and establishing and maintaining strong relationships with our customers and channel partners.
This role works closely with the commercial operations, field sales, channel partners plus all business unit management teams and operations organizations to drive customer satisfaction and optimize revenue growth.
- Develop sound strategic plans that include go-to- market strategies to optimize global zone performance
- Drive strategy with key strategic accounts and channel partners globally
- Develop geographic business plan identifying key areas of growth potential and strategies to capture both short and long term growth.
- Accountable for the regions consistency and accuracy of CRM data including sales funnel reports of projected bookings to assist in monthly company sales forecasting and product build plans.
- Participate as a team member in all assigned corporate and focus account initiatives.
- Implement sales initiatives to drive growth including product pricing, promotional tactics and distribution channels
- Establish appropriate sales targets for the regions sales team.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement within the commercial function
- Take a leadership role and work closely with sales operations to deliver on set objectives
- Define and implement new sales processes and capabilities including territory management, key account and distributor management and structured sales methodologies
- Drive visibility and accountability through improved sales pipeline and forecast management processes; leverage modern sales tools like CRM, automated incentive tracking, etc.
- Develop processes to identify team shortfalls within specific product categories and institute measures to improve performance
- Drive organizational capability in response to our global business objectives
- Select, hire, train, and develop sales team capable of managing positive customer/channel partner relations and exceeding revenue targets
- Identify and develop strategic organizational effectiveness initiatives that enhance performance, productivity and employee satisfaction levels
- Understand the key competencies required to achieve organizational goals and build organizational capability through individual and organizational development planning
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 10 years of sales management experience
- Proven ability to successfully lead and drive positive change within a global commercial organization
- Experience successfully growing new geographic regions
- Experience selling regulated products abroad
- Experience selling government contracts
- Strong collaboration skills and experience successfully working within a matrix organization
- Strong role model sales leader with ability to develop and motivate people at all levels
- Substantiated capability to effectively negotiate and close business
- Proven success operating in a distributor/channel partner model
- Exceptional analytical capability and problem solving skills
- Previous experience selling analytical instrumentation preferred
- Salesforce.com experience strongly preferred
This position does have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com