We are seeking a technical lead for our Flow Cytometry Platform engineering group. This senior position will be responsible for building and maintaining cutting edge technology platforms to maintain and grow our world class acoustic focusing flow cytometry, sample preparation, and imaging platforms. She/he will be working within a multidisciplinary engineering group. The position is based in Eugene, Oregon, USA.
A strong technical leader with a Ph.D. in Physics or Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or comparable background and experience is required for a position as senior technical leader for novel acoustic focusing cytometry platforms, working with/leading a highly skilled and passionate, successful team of engineers and scientists. Outstanding team work as well as strong influential skills coming from excellent technical and personal skills will be essential to be successful in this challenging position, driving the cutting edge of complex bio analytical instrumentation. Experience leading a cross functional team to drive key deliverables and timelines. In addition to impeccable technical skills, successful candidates possess strong organizational, communication and team skills, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will be:
Extremely motivated and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment, hard-working and multidisciplinary team. Committed and enthusiastic about Thermo Fisher Scientific flow cytometry programs. Resourceful and flexible and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing program deliverables
REQUIREMENTS / EDUCATION:
*Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- Ph.D. in Physics or Electrical Engineering or Mechanical with 1 year post doc experience, or Master's degree, and 10 plus years or Bachelor Science and 15 plus years of experience. Strong background in flow cytometry and/or FACS systems engineering including conception, design, development and application.
- Alternatively, strong background experience in conception, design and development of complex systems in fluidics and microfluidics, acoustics, optics, high-speed electronics and firmware, software, data analysis and systems integration.
- In addition to impeccable technical skills, successful candidates possess strong organizational, communication and team skills, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
*Preferred Qualifications (nice to have)
- Extremely motivated and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment, hard-working and multidisciplinary team.
- Committed and enthusiastic about Thermo Fisher Scientific acoustic focusing cytometry program. Resourceful and flexible and willing to work hands-on in developing novel technologies and executing program deliverables.
- Experience in technology assessment and technology management a plus.
- Strong team player.
- Adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing and following through, while remaining highly energetic and focused.
- Straightforward, proactive, self-motivated, and trustworthy.
- Experience in biotechnology or medical device development.
- People leadership experience as well as project leadership experience of multiple projects to drive key deliverables and timelines.