Thermo Fisher Scientific are currently recruiting for a Systems Analyst to join its IT function based at our European HQ in Inchinnan.
This role, working in the applications team will support the Operations, Quality, Manufacturing and other functions used across EMEA. It will involve a mixture of day-to-day applications support of systems (break-fix) and enhancements/new projects to deliver a new systems or upgrades in any required area. It offers the opportunity to interact with different teams across the business and within IT
This is a unique opportunity to gain experience within an exciting and flourishing industry sector and work for a leading global Life Science organisation
- Support of applications and systems predominately used in manufacturing, operations and quality departments.
- Performing duties as a systems administrator and analyst ensuring excellent levels of support for critical manufacturing systems/processes and delivering new systems/tools through enhancements working as a project member or lead project manager.
- Collaborate with the global IT teams as necessary to provide enhancements and modifications based upon business customers' requirements.
- Work with vendors as required to ensure suitable support and changes are implemented following correct procedures.
- Working as a point person with business teams to keep in touch with key business drivers and offering IT solutions where possible.
- Ensure the on-time and on-budget delivery of projects.
- Enforce IT standards for changes, enhancements insuring all necessary documentation is completed for both IT and site change controls and procedures.
- Develop and deploy repeatable processes and automated tools.
- Collaboratively maintain documentation and knowledge base of application policies, processes and procedures
- Extensive experience supporting manufacturing /operations applications/systems
- Technical knowledge in Application development, PC technologies (Windows XP, 7 and Server versions).
- Networking and database administration (MS SQL and Oracle)
- Experience working with machine integration, working with SCADA and PLC devices desirable.
- Experience with Agile Scrum Project Management methodologies a plus.
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with internal customers and peers.
- Ability to proactively look for process improvement opportunities, challenge conventional practices, adopt new methods and best practices.
- Ability to manage suppliers, whether inside or outside of IT, to deliver results for the team to meet established goals.
- Ability to prioritize work; self-manages work time and prioritizes multiple projects and problems.
- Strong ability to liase and communicate with personnel on all levels of seniority
- Ideally educated to degree level in related subject