Operations Finance Accountant
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We’re looking for somebody who wants to work within a global organization that enables individuals to reach their best through continuous challenges and expansive opportunities. Working within a team of experienced finance professionals, you’ll be helping a business that is dedicated to delivering quality products that help society.
Working within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Microbiology Division (MBD), the Operations Finance Accountant is the Finance lead for the MBD manufacturing site in Basingstoke ($150m annual turnover, 360 headcount), with a strong bias towards business partnering with the operational team.
The role holder will work closely with the site leader and local management teams. This will involve exposure to multiple operational and manufacturing issues within the business that will prepare the job-holder for future career development within Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The role covers a variety of responsibilities. The following give a good indication of those:
- Monthly MBD financial and operational reporting & bridge commentary
- Operations accounting, product costing, cost centre review & inventory control
- Material cost and overhead cost analysis
- Factory waste analysis and inventory excess & obsolete provisioning
- Tracking the site productivity and being an active member on the site PPI steering committee
- Analyse monthly and quarterly performance, with particular focus on KPIs and variance analysis against Plan, Prior Quarter & Prior Year
- Preparation of annual site budgets (AOP) and periodic forecasts
- Work with MBD UK shared service and US corporate teams for statutory reporting, tax and legislative compliance e.g. annual reports, transfer pricing
- Build financial models for capital investment appraisals and support business case proposals
- Continuous Kaizen focus looking for efficiency improvements in the finance function
- On-site support for AP and AR queries from MBD UK shared service function
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business or similar subject area
- Fully qualified or Finalist ACA/ CA/ CIMA/ ACCA - strong preference for CIMA preferred
- Extensive manufacturing finance experience is essential
- Experience in: monthly reporting; inventory monitoring & control; manufacturing experience with an insight into production planning and overhead cost control; budgeting and forecasting; Knowledge of UK & US GAAP; ability to communicate financial messages; Working with external auditors;
- Microsoft Office (heavy Excel emphasis), SAP, Hyperion and Business Objects knowledge is desirable
- Operational and commercial inquisitiveness
- Strong analytical skills, ability to present a business case
- Ability to deal with complexity and isolate the essentials
- Solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Accountability, accuracy, clear and concise communication skills
- Ability to find workarounds in a less than perfect systems environment
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com