As a project manager, you will define the project’s objectives, create schedules, and oversee quality control & timely delivery throughout the entire project. To deliver the project according to plan, you will also need to attain resources, manage your team and third-party contractors and/or consultants. In addition, you will need to be able to identify, assess and minimize project risks until successful project completion. Your primary objective is to drive projects to successful and timely completion.
Key Responsibilities: (Bullets)
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications: (Bullets)
- Manage project development from initiation to closure, through all stages of the business unit stage gate process.
- Be accountable for project results, including product quality and schedule integrity.
- Determine, communicate, and manage all elements of project charter; including scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget, and timing
- Establish clear ownership for project tasks and a clear schedule for when each task will be performed. Ensure that team members have the tools needed, and provide timely feedback.
- Track progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately.
- Assess project issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals.
- Proactively communicate project status, issues & risks to the project team and to management.
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved with project change request documentation and stakeholder acknowledgement.
- Determine if external partners / vendors are required to complete the project plan. If required, recruit and manage appropriate resources.
- Conduct regular status meetings with all stakeholders, keeping the stakeholder’s needs and requirements continuously in view.
- Find and work to remove development and project roadblocks. Troubleshoot technical issues when the need arises, and escalate appropriately as needed.
- Maintain task descriptions, dependencies, task owners, timelines, and target dates in designated project management application.
- Oversee review of product design for compliance with engineering principles, organization standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand up meetings, reviews, sprint and release planning, demos and other agile project related meetings.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Lead, coach, and motivate the development team; keeping them excited to move forward. Protect the team from outside distractions.
- Train, mentor, and develop other project managers, to mature the discipline and capability of the overall project management function within the business unit.
- Able to travel as needed to customers and external development partners.
- Other duties as defined within the scope of the position.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria: (Bullet 3-5 key quantifiable skills or position requirements that the candidate must have to be considered for this position.)
- 2+ years of project management (or equivalent) experience.
- PMI / PMP Certification is a major asset.
- Knowledgeable in technology (e.g., electromechanical devices, instrumentation, embedded systems, etc.).
- Technical degree or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people, to work effectively with cross functional teams, and to facilitate cooperation across functional boundaries and regional site locations.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Excellent communication, leadership, and problem solving skills. Fluent in English language.
- No non-compete agreements precluding the candidate from fulfilling the position requirements.
- This position requires travel to customer and partner sites worldwide (20%+).
- Existing (or ability to acquire) permission to enter U.S. government facilities, such as DOE.