Senior Financial Analyst
Job ID :
US - Massachusetts - Tewksbury
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
Position Summary:The Senior Financial Analyst will partner with the director of the Bulk Material Handling (BMH) and the Material and Minerals team by initiating and implementing actions to drive accountability, proactive insight, strong business intelligence, creating awareness to business issues and opportunities, and analytics. This position offers the right candidate an opportunity to join a growing and dynamic business unit and provides a significant opportunity for career development and growth.
- Lead in the development and preparation of the annual strategic plan, annual budget, monthly forecasts, and monthly results analysis.
- Drive rigorous and transparent financial reporting, metrics, financial planning and analysis, and budgeting throughout the business.
- Provide financial modeling and scenario analysis for strategies and initiatives as identified by leadership team and make recommendations for the business partners to make sound business decisions.
- Focus on continuous improvement and standardization in reporting. Establish and improve performance metrics to assist with business evaluation. Develop key metric indicators that promote awareness and generate improvement actions. Measure actual results versus targets.
- Interface with CAD sales OPS to better leverage reporting tools.
- Establish and maintain effective internal control procedures and systems in accordance with corporate policies, Divisional Approval Authority Matrix, and US GAAP.
- Establish relationships with senior management level individuals across the business unit and define practices and strategies to add value and maintain cost effectiveness.
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc financial reporting as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience as a Financial Analyst or related position
- Detailed understanding of and experience with financial reporting
- Superior analytical and computer skills with experience utilizing analytical tools and databases
- Dynamic, high energy leadership skills and effective communication skills
- Collaboration skills – Able to effectively collaborate with peers in other functions and with colleagues in other businesses or divisions
- Ability to recognize non-routine problems that occur in a highly complex and changing production environment, and ability to anticipate future problems
- Able to self direct and manage accounting and reporting schedule of sites in BMH with limited direction and review by Finance Controller
- Possess experience of all aspects of financial accounting, management and reporting together with wide business knowledge and commercial acumen – preferably gained from within a global manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrable expertise in managing and working within a complex, global, matrix managed organization.
- Experience working with foreign exchange complexities.
- Experience in a multi-site, global manufacturing organization is desired.
- Understanding of intercompany transactions including Profit in Inventory and Transfer Pricing.
- Proficiency with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Smartview, and Essbase is highly desired.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- The successful candidate is bright, personable, highly ethical, and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- He/she has excellent, open, and proactive communication capabilities, identifying and addressing issues via an open, candid dialog.
- Outstanding leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of energy; can bring a passion to excel.
- Embodies the Thermo Fisher Scientific vales of Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation.