When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Site Supervisor is responsible for the daily supervision of 10-20 Unity Lab Services personnel, enabling the team to deliver consistently excellent service to our customers. The Site Supervisor is responsible for meeting the goals and objectives of the customer location, as determined by customer requirements.
- Leads a team of regional staff. Participates in the candidate selection process, trains, and evaluates staff’s performance. Supervises staff in a manner that is consistent with our organizational culture, which is based on four values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement and on open communication. Actively seeks development opportunities for team members and self. Promotes a friendly environment, good morale and cooperation.
- Ensures customer needs are met and high quality service is delivered through a variety of means, including staff meeting or exceeding service levels and through monitoring of the performance, productivity, attendance records and measuring and reporting on performance metrics. Assists in determining the resolution of all customer situations. Reinforces a customer focused orientation.
- Writes and administers standard operating procedures to support the goals and objectives of the department and the customer. Develops KPI’s, tracks trends, and implements best practices.
- Interacts with management, sales and the customers on matters concerning functional areas within the department, regularly.
- Sets up and presents at customer business review meetings; delivers Managed Services capabilities presentations. Grows the business at new and existing customer sites.
- Conducts site audits, annual physical inventory.
- Evaluates employees’ training needs, identifies possible solutions and arranges for needed training and development. Ensures that employees are cross trained and develops employees to create a career path and succession plan.
- Supports Practical Process Improvement and focuses on improving processes with the goal of providing stellar customer service. Leads improvement teams and mentors site personnel to lead team improvement efforts.
- Prepares and reviews various operational reports and individual associate performance reports.
- Attends training classes and regional meetings as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree
- At least three years supervisory experience
- Ability to travel up to 50%; some overnight travel required
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with Inventory Management systems
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills to lead, coach, and motivate a large group of employees along with excellent interpersonal skills to relate well to employees, various levels of the customer business and peers. Must have a customer orientation to develop customer relationships.
- Highly effective written and communication skills to clearly express his or her ideas, share technical information, communicate well with customers and all levels of the organization, write procedures and develop plans.
- Effectively manage conflict, provide positive and constructive coaching.
- Elevate performance level of individual and teams.
- Evaluate, interpret information and procedures and make timely decisions while functioning in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Highly organized and effectively assist staff in multi-tasking.
- Sound decision making skills to deal with a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
- Self-motivated, stress and pressure resistant, as well as a quick learner.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Suite, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Effectively utilize customer and internal computer systems.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).
- May use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses.
This position has not been approved for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.