The Regional Business Manager supports the Director of Sales by taking ownership of the Region. Role will lead the region to achieve the sales plan, to drive accountability throughout region and to develop a team of highly successful sales professionals in the clinical microbiology market. Product line to include all microbiology consumables and capital equipment for blood culture, ID/AST and automated specimen processing.
- Creates, develops and recommends goals, objectives and policies to ensure the most effective operation and staffing of sales activities within their region.
- Establishes and maintains sales force staffing to ensure that the company’s long term sales objectives can be met within a timely manner.
- Develops and manages the region processes for: creating sales strategies and plans, sales assumptions and projections, sales goals, compensation, incentives, bonus and expenses.
- Facilitates the management of key business and customer relationships and negotiates potential business opportunities for the company which are consistent with its long-term objectives.
- Provides leadership and management directions that enable the region sales organization to execute the tactical sales plan.
- Responsible for the creation, organization, coordination, frequency, objectives, budget and implementation of region sales meetings.
- Directs, Manages and coaches the activities of the sales representatives within their region. Identifies, interviews and recommends hiring of field sales personnel. Monitors sales performance and manages performance improvement plans.
- Manage sales representative training to include: selling skills, territory management Thermo Fisher products and processes, pricing, competition and account management.
- Provides administrative control over responsibilities, written performance reviews and a development plan for each employee, complete written performance goals and quarterly reviews with each direct report.
- Maintains regular contacts with major Customer and Distributor accounts, stays abreast of industry trends, developments and all competitive activities.
- Provides periodic reports on sales activities and provide sales forecasts as directed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, ABILITIES:
- Bachelors Degree in business, marketing or science required.
- 5-8 years sales/sales management experience with 2-3 years minimum at a senior level. Sales and or management experience in a health science or related field is preferred.
- 2+ years of capital equipment sales/sales management
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Windows 2000 and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to travel 45% - 75%
This position is not eligible for relcoation assistance.