When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Market and Customer Intelligence Manager will utilize various information sources and research techniques to develop an in-depth understanding of market and competitor trends as well as customers’ perceptions, behaviors and preferences across key touch-points. The ideal candidate will be curious by nature and driven to discover impactful insights, delivering thoughtful recommendations through compelling presentations to ultimately influence business decisions and maximize business value.
- Continuously monitor and analyze key market and competitor dynamics and package information to deliver actionable insights to different stakeholders.
- Conduct market research to identify opportunities to enter new markets based on compelling events such as new market trends, new technology adoption, competitive offerings, etc. along with an understanding of the company’s resources and constraints.
- Plan, executive and analyze quantitative research studies utilizing a range of approaches to best achieve business objectives.
- Expert at extracting information from qualitative and quantitative data and turning it into compelling insights and stories that help our stakeholders become more successful.
- Ability to quickly understand patterns within large quantity of data and to reference key characteristics using visualization techniques.
- Identify and investigate new research methods and data sources to continually improve the value of Market and Customer Intelligence to the organization.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge and understanding of different research methodologies and data analysis techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology (Cognitive or Experimental), Marketing, or Market Research.
- 5+ years of experience in Market & Competitive Intelligence, Strategic planning, Market Research or Consumer Insight Research.
- 3+ years of hands on experience in the design, execution and analysis of different Product and Go-to-Market quantitative research methodologies – including Brand research, Pricing research, Market Segmentation research, Concept testing and Product Optimization research.
- A good level of understanding on current and upcoming market and competitor dynamics in the Life Sciences space.
- Highly driven, results-oriented, detail oriented, self-directed creative and nimble problem solver who uses technical data analytics skills coupled with customer and market research skills and a willingness to do “whatever it takes” to drive business value quickly.
- Able to take customer, competitor and market insights and weave them into critical sales/marketing/product deliverables (e.g. battle-cards, launch plans, market analyses, requirements documents).
- Proven track record of consistently producing deliverables that are well-written and contain helpful information, providing solid and actionable recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize lots of information and distill it into meaningful actionable insights.
- Solid organization, project management, time management and planning skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and SPSS or other statistical software.
- An advanced degree in Business administration, Market Research or behavioral statistics.
- A background in Life Sciences, Medical Devices or Pharmaceutical markets.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.