When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond.
Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world. This Sustaining Engineer position will have the opportunity to:
- Provide hands-on sustaining engineering efforts to develop and improve manufacturing process
- Provide engineering support to improve product manufacturing first pass yield and quality concerns
- Support R & D and production to develop manufacturing test tooling and fixtures
- Support production management requirements to achieve the maximum level of customer service.
- Perform engineering evaluation to support alternate component or part qualification to mitigate component or part end of life (EOL) concern
- Perform manufacturing process validation for new manufacturing line and test fixture setup
- Develop, implement, and maintain the manufacturing processes, the QC test methods, and the related documentation required to manufacture every product within its specifications, schedule, and budget.
- Participate in production daily meeting to resolve current product and process issues
- Plan and execute activities with other department to ensure common goals are met.
- Work in concert with the Quality teams to identify, correct, and prevent product reliability issues. Analyze data for early detection of possible epidemic problems and generate input for new design projects.
- Work with the Manufacturing and Quality teams to ensure the proper work instructions are in place to produce predictable products based on the design intent of all products.
- Maintain and ensure systems and procedures are in compliance with ISO, Regulatory and housekeeping requirements
- Assess equipment status and identify risk of obsolescence, upgrade needs, or large productivity gains. Evaluate and implement necessary upgrades to maintain a world-class manufacturing environment.
- Seek PPI Project opportunities for improvements in key measurement areas (speed, cost, quality, and productivity). Drive high dollar product quality projects that produce significant value for the business through sustaining engineering activities.
- Identify potential work related hazards and assist with the implementation of safer alternatives.Work with the Supply Chain Department to identify and implement Sourcing Savings projects.
- Maintain the software SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and PDM up to date, assist with new installations, and manage the yearly upgrades.
- Assist the Maintenance/Facilities Department on complex mechanical failures.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrochemical Engineering preferred. Other disciplines like Mechanical or Electrical will also be considered.
- 5 Years of experience Manufacturing and / or Sustaining Engineering.
- Solid knowledge and demonstrated experience with Lean Manufacturing principles
- Ability to perform failure investigation independently
- Experience with SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and PDM enterprise.
- Experience with Engineering Change Order (ECO) preferably via SAP.
- Understanding of ISO9001 requirements.
- Good analytical skills and ability communicate effectively with all levels