This is a great opportunity for someone with technical experience to join our Australia and New Zealand Technical Services team, supporting our Specialty Diagnostics business in a field based with a focus on Anatomical Pathology and Clinical Diagnostics instruments.
In this role you will install, calibrate, maintain and repair Specialty Diagnostics equipment at customer sites. The successful candidate will be professional, reliable, a real team player, have experience working in the field and enjoy building relationships with customers.
- Perform in accordance with the AS/NZS ISO9002: 1994 Quality Standard, as detailed in the Company's Quality Manual.
- Perform to designated goals of turn-around-time, response time, repair rate and customer expectations.
- Promote and develop the Technical Service capability.
- Take ownership for customer satisfaction for services performed.
- Perform in accordance all relevant certification procedures, such as NATA, ISO.
- Manage the service process from allocation to completion, including the entering of all parts and text on the computer system, so that the invoicing process is accurate and the KRAs are met.
- Assist the Sales Team with technical information, training and demonstrations as agreed with your manager.
- To help the team achieve sales and margin (gross) targets for designated product portfolio/territory.
Growth and Development
- Actively seek out new opportunities to grow our customers' service and sales, so that our budgets are met and exceeded.
- Contribute to and make recommendations for the continual improvement in the procedures, quality and efficiency of Technical Service.
Qualifications & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in a technical / electronic / mechanical discipline preferred.
- Appropriate electrical certification.
- Experience within the scientific market and/or familiarity with scientific products preferred.
- Experience in a technical support role preferred.
Skills & Attributes
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Microsoft office.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Organisational skills with an ability to prioritise manage time effectively and meet agreed deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
- A dedication and commitment towards displaying a professional and positive attitude to work.
- An ability to think strategically and laterally in order to maximize business opportunities.
- An initiative taker who has the ability to work autonomously, and has an enthusiastic, energetic and positive attitude while being a supportive team player.
- Ability to create and foster meaningful and beneficial partnerships with our customers, suppliers and peers.