Job Title : Marketing Director
Department : Marketing (Shared Service)
Reports to : VP & GM of Korea
Location : Seoul, Korea
Requisition ID : 43474BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
This position will need to interface with the sales, application, product marketing and service teams to achieve a common goal. This is a key role within the business and is an essential part of the Korea Management Team.
- Lead the central marketing function within the commercial operations team.
- This includes driving marketing strategy, marketing operations including marketing automation, sales and product alignment, partnership Marketing, eBusiness channel development, budget management and tracking return on marketing investment through a rigorous and robust analytical discipline.
- The candidate should have considerable senior leadership experience in marketing management; thorough knowledge of marketing principles, product or service management, demand creation/business development and brand management across all media; and a demonstrated track record of success and performance.
- This leadership position requires the ability to understand changing market dynamics across regions and divisions, translate them into actionable strategy and implement the strategy to drive measurable results in both top line growth and brand value.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prepare marketing/MarCom plans to support the AOP.
- Provide analytical inputs across Korea business on market data, new market growth opportunities and areas of focus.
- Work closely with the product marketing groups
- Delivering product strategies and workflows into their appropriate market segments – coming from product managers
- Creating industry focused value propositions & sales/marketing tools
- Generate customer data for usage at customer events, marketing programs and scientific publications.
- Monitoring the competitor & industry landscape with focus on whole of business implications
- Developing content when representing a combination of categories or Brands
- Deployment of Divisional and Supplier Partner generated material pull through
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Korea brand ambassador – marketing company using all internal and external vehicles
- Ensuring brand alignment & message consistency
- iConnect - intranet
- E-commerce site
- Social media – LinkedIn, Facebook, twitter, google+, etc
- Conferences and Seminars
- Company communication and Marketing Comms
- Digital Presence Development
- eBusiness Channel Development
- Analytic and Data Science Strategy and Development
- Brand and Creative development for the group
- Public relations/influencer management
- Demand creation
- Development of Customer & Partner marketing strategy
- Marketing technology strategy
- Between 15 and 20 years of recent b-to-b marketing experience
- Consumer marketing and agency experience is desirable
- 5 to 10 years outside of B2B Marketing
- Sales experience is highly desirable (e.g. direct/inside/channel)
- Deep E-commerce experience is critical
- Demonstrated ability to understand the infrastructure requirements of marketing, including marketing automation, Web marketing, business intelligence and marketing point tools (e.g. email)
- Experience in working with marketing operations to develop and operationalize marketing measurements, including the demonstration of marketing’s value and how the information was used for tactical and strategic decision making
- Has participated in social media and managed the development of a social media program
- Brand management for B2B organizations, including extending current brands into new markets, managing brands through acquisition and developing a new brand; ability to demonstrate the brand’s role in the marketing ecosystem
- Customer- and market-driven orientation
- Strategy development and alignment
- Translation of strategy to execution and results
- Verbal/written communication
- Motivational and team skills for collaborative work with other functions
- Organizational alignment and interlock
- Lead/manage organizational change
- Can build a coalition with others on the senior leadership team
- Can build and enable transformative business processes
- In-depth understanding of key business metrics
- Group facilitation skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Indeed Posting Code: *IND-APAC
LinkedIn Posting Code: *LI-KP1