When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The program prepares participants for roles of increasing responsibility through a combination of rotational assignments, structured learning, formalized feedback, and mentoring. Program participants will have the opportunity to interact with senior finance leaders and participate in various key financial initiatives.
FLDPs will complete a 2 year program consisting of 4 rotations which will include at least two 6-month rotations in the Boston Metro area and one to two 6-month rotations in Carlsbad, CA or Pittsburgh, PA. Geographical flexibility is required during the program and also upon completion of the program. This position has been approved for relocation assistance.
Rotation examples include:
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Internal Audit
- Cost Accounting (Manufacturing)
- Strategic Pricing
- General Accounting
- Division Finance
- Corporate Development
The FLDP program affords participants an outstanding opportunity to produce results, quickly gain credibility and build a strong company network. From a post program placement perspective, participants will work with their Program Manager to identify positions in which to interview across the finance organization.
- Full time student completing Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting between December 2016 and May 2017
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career as a future leader in the finance function
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Related work or internship experience
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement
- Results oriented through initiative, ownership, and accountability
- Geographical flexibility is required during and upon completion of the program
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States without restriction