Inventory financial management:
- Monthly calculation of complex Excess & Obsolete (E&O) calculations applying multiple global BU E&O policies across multiple product lines for the ANZ business. This process includes the analysis of the results, engaging with commercial team to gain a better understanding of results and to providing meaningful analysis/insights on results.
- Monthly E&O forecast calculations for the ANZ business using same methodology described above with the objective of mitigating E&O charges and allowing the business to make more informed purchase decisions.
- Thorough review and analysis of COGS and Stock related GL accounts to assist the business explain and mitigate these charges.
- Additional internal business reporting – analysis of stock purchase authorisation requests outside of the regular procurement process to ensure no E&O exposure. Provide commentary and suggestions to assist procurement decision making. In addition, ad-hoc inventory or E&O related queries.
- Additional global divisional reporting – prepare specific inventory information for monthly global divisional calls. Ad hoc requests including post month-end requests explaining variances to prior year and plan.
Manufacturing financial management:
- Production of P&L statements for three (3) small scale manufacturing sites - including full P&L analysis, under and over recovery analysis, BOM reviews, etc.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes or gain cost savings in the manufacturing process through review of monthly results.
Fixed asset financial management:
- Ensuring Capex additions are approved in accordance with Thermo Fisher Scientific policy.
- Track and monitor all Capex throughout the year to Annual Operating Plan (“AOP”).
- Ensuring additions, disposals and depreciation calculations are accurately recorded in the fixed asset module and that the subledger is reconciled to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Ensure rentals business asset system is accurately maintained and support rentals business as required.
Month end close activities:
- Close 3 manufacturing entity ERP’s as part of the wider month close.
- Perform the close of all 3 ERP’s including accruals, prepayments, payroll journals.
- Load of one entity into Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) system.
- Completion of all monthly GL reconciliations relating to the role.
- Completion of all monthly calculations and GL reconciliations for the Thermo Australia entity: General Accruals (Unrecorded Liabilities), Freight Accrual, Inventory Excess and Obsolete Calculations, Fixed Assets, and other close out reconciliations as directed.
Financial Compliance activities – external, internal and SOX audits:
- Full involvement in all audits for areas of responsibility
- Perform quarterly and annual SOX requirements for areas of responsibility, including testing e.g. annual fixed asset impairment testing.