Position: Genotyping Sales Specialist – Middle East
Territorial focus for the role is: Distributor markets in Middle-East, Israel & Turkey
Preferred home location: Dubai/ UAE in Middle-East region.
Language requirements: Fluent English and Arabic
- Responsible for the sale of the Genotyping product portfolio (Instruments and associated Consumables) through Distributor partners in the stated geographic territory in a manner that positively reflects the Company image.
- Achieve sales targets, both quarterly and annually.
- Partner with local distributors to identify and develop potential leads.
- Developing and closing genotyping projects within the Region.
- Competes for all existing, and develops new sales opportunities within the territory to meet or exceed plan.
- Works directly with customers in the region to define opportunities for growth of the Genotyping portfolio. Develops growth strategies in partnership with the Distributor and supports the Distributor to exploit those opportunities to promote penetration, retention and loyalty
- Ensures that all necessary resources needed are used efficiently and effectively in order to close sales in favour of the Company.
- Maintains and develops customer relationships on the short and long term. Focus on the strategic development of key customer relationships by implementing and updating Account Planning (across-functions).
- Gathers analyses and delivers information from the field to allow the company to develop strategies and products appropriate to the market. Information includes forecasting and lost order reporting
- Identifies, nurtures and focuses on key accounts and key opinion leaders to drive innovation and the latest technology solutions into the market
- Identifies competitor activities and develops tactical activities
- Participates actively in local networks of service, support, customer services, marketing and finance to maximize area performance.
- Update and maintain the CRM (Siebel) tool to ensure full transparency of customer information across the organisation.
- Participates in process and operation improvement opportunities
- Responds efficiently to internal and external inquiries
- High level of proficiency in technical selling skills and product knowledge within the Life sciences industry.
- Excellent professional selling, negotiation and communication skills.
- Effective project management skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to interact with LSG colleagues and distributors at all levels.
- Willing to travel in the assigned territory and occasionally in Europe or in USA.
- Full valid driver licence desirable.
- Fluent English speaking language skills are required for this role. Additional region language like Arabic is considered to be beneficial.
- Will hold an academic degree (BSc/B.Tech) or has equivalent level of experience in Life Sciences. A PhD is considered desirable.
- Broad experience (3-5 years) in sales/technical sales function, and proven track record in Life Sciences or closely related business.
- Research/Bench experience in the field of Genomics will be desirable