Job ID :
US - Louisiana - Baton Rouge|US - Louisiana - New Orleans
- Perform on-site installation, repair, maintenance, qualification, and validation of clinical and discrete chemistry analyzers according to company SOP.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Negotiates scheduling and technical problem resolutions with customers and partners.
- Conduct training on the safe operations and maintenance of the analyzers.
- Maximize analyzer uptime and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Must be proficient with the use of customer management software to track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks
- Collaborate with Sr. Engineer or Field Service Supervisor to analyze, review and inspect findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action
- Collaborate with Sr. Engineer or Field Service Supervisor in problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of an Associate Degree or equivalent in electrical engineering, biomedical instrumentation or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Field Service Engineer; previous experience servicing clinical chemistry analyzers a plus
- Effective communication skills and establishing good customer rapport are essential
- Proven ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation
- Must have ability to work independently and have good organizational, communication and time management skills
- Must be available to travel overnight up to 80% within the territory or other areas as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences or related field preferred
- Certified service experience on four or more leading industry analyzer products preferred
- Hands-on experience with analyzer systems
- Strong knowledge of discrete analyzer techniques strongly desired