As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 700 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers and laboratory automation solutions. The Vantaa facility houses several different functions such as R&D, marketing, sales, service, logistics, quality as well as instrument and reagent manufacturing and is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station.
Manufacturing Engineer (tuotantoinsinööri/teknikko)
We are now seeking a Manufacturing Engineer / Technician to join our Operations organization for Sample Preparation & Analysis business in Vantaa.
The selected candidate will ensure technical support for production and productivity of new as well as existing products. In this role you offer technical support for Vantaa SP&A production and for subcontractors, typically in co-operation with production and R&D. We are looking for an active person who can work independently and comfortably navigate between these teams.
Our international working environment, fast paced working rhythm and sometimes rapidly changing operational environment require flexibility, control of big picture and continuous learning. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through the course of your career.
- Offer technical support for Vantaa SP&A production and for subcontractors, typically in co-operation with production and R&D.
- Creating BOM’s and manufacturing documentation (assembly and testing instructions, Device Master Records and production QC Check lists) for instruments
- Take over the ownership of cost effective implementation of product changes to production with instruments to be defined (analyzers, DNA purification systems, liquid handling instruments)
- Participation in design transfer projects for new products
- Developing processes and tools/equipment for assembly production and testing
- Document plans, processes, tools, equipment and reports
- Documentation and implementation of operations plans (design transfer plans, PFMEA’s) and reports
- Some work experience in production environment (assembly and testing ) or manufacturing engineering support role
- Experience of manufacturing technologies/methods, eg. Lean principles, Value Stream Mapping or process control
- Technician or Bachelors degree in mechanical, automation or production engineering or equivalent field
- Good co-operation skills
- Experience in implementation of technical equipment for manufacturing process
- Good IT skills including PC troubleshooting skills or Cad tool (ProE preferred) skills
- Good communication skills in spoken and written Finnish and English
- Experience in MS Office
Additionally we value:
- Experience in the use of Agile PDM system and/or ERP systems (iScala/SAP preferred)
- Knowledge of designing Excel- (or other) based performance measurement calculation files
- Experience in testing as well as test designing, documenting and reporting
- Experience and knowledge on IVD products manufacturing and related authority requirements
- Experience in project work
- Experience in PFMEA actions and documentation
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 43258BR.
Please apply by 15th of June, 2017.
Should you have any questions, please contact Production Manager Pekka Repo at tel. 010 329 2563 on 6th of June between 9-10 and 9th of June between 9-10.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.