Job Title : Senior Software Engineer - GUI
Reports To : Engineering Manager-PAI
Position Location: Hyderabad
We are seeking a Software Engineer Lead to join a thriving research and development team responsible for the development of our analytical instruments, x-ray fluorescence, Raman and infrared analyzers used for material identification in a wide array of markets. The candidate will work with the software engineering team to improve our existing products and develop our next generation products within Chemical Analysis Division. The Software Development Engineer will work through the matrix organization, interfacing with global cross functional team including R&D vendors.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design and implement/improve GUI application framework features/widgets that will support a wide range of instruments within chemical analysis division.
• Develop and support GUI, middleware, communications and other features for multiple projects within chemical analysis division.
• Collect, interpret and documents system requirements
• Participates in component, subsystem and system concept design verifying key design parameters and evaluating design options
• develops and recommends methods, tools and designs for software development process improvement
• Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering Discipline) in related field, preferably Computer Science/ Electronics Engineering
• Experience with Qt/QML or similar UI development language.
• Experience with Linux platform (or Android).
• C++ and design pattern experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong debugging skills, working with existing, complex code base
• Demonstrated strong teamwork skills
• Minimum 6 years of technical experience in software development.
• SQL, schema and db experience
• Android UI development experience
• XML and JSON
• Jira and Git
• Working with agile development processes
• Analytical Instrument control software development