About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for maintaining and implementing processes and tools related to the Laboratory Product Division (LPD) Sales Data Warehouse, Product Master/Price Database and CRM tool. The role will serve as a liaison between LPD’s analytical tools and Thermo Fisher’s LPD site contacts and sales team to ensure data accuracy and reporting process execute in a timely manner. The Data Analyst must be detail-oriented, organized, and coachable.
This role is ideal for a driven, ambitious and dedicated individual with a strong desire to grow in a fast pace and fluid environment. This role will report to the Manager Global Sales Analysis and will work closely with senior sales analyst, regional sales operations teams, product management, and the CRM team. Additionally, we expect the Data Analyst to effectively support cross functional initiatives including interaction with members from multiple groups (e.g., Customer Service, Finance, Marcom, Channel Management).
- Manage the maintenance and implementations of future enhancements of the LPG product master & price database, working closely with IT and, sales operations managers and product management.
- Support the Senior Sales Analyst to publish routine weekly and monthly reports.
- Manage the data maintenance of the global sales data warehouse. Work with IT and sales operations managers to implement continuous process improvements to support a fluid commercial organization.
- Work with finance to manage the sales data warehouse costing reconciliation process and data governance.
- Coordinate with CRM team and local entities to ensure accurate product and pricing information alignment across the Laboratory Products Group.
- Support the Manager of Global Sales Analysis in establishing processes for information maintenance and alignment among Sales Data Warehouse, Salesforce.com, and other critical systems.
- Continuously strive for improved price performance by assisting sales operations with implementing constant development of tools, policies, and procedures.
- BS/BA required, major in Business/Finance/Marketing/Mathematics/Engineering/IT preferred. MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
- 3+ years finance or sales operations experience preferred if only with BS/BA degree, flexible in experience for advance degree holder.
- Strong MS Excel skills (Vlookup, Pivot Table, etc.), strong MS Access skills (Database design, Query, Macro, etc) required.
- Experience with SAP, Cognos, Salesforce.com reporting tools and relational databases preferred
- Willingness to travel, may up to 2 nights per month.
- International experience a plus
- Outstanding process orientation, must regard all activities as processes that can be continuously improved,
- Ability to multi-task and deal with complex organizations and systems
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and follow instruction with strong sense of validation
- Excellent analytical capabilities with strong system skills (MS Excel, MS Access, SQL, SAP, Salesforce.com, Cognos, etc.)
- Ability to assist with projects across multiple departments and geographies
- Understanding of various pricing concepts (e.g., elasticity of demand, value perception, bundling, etc.)
- Strong communication skills
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.