Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
Technical Design & Documentation
- Design custom control systems per customer specifications
- Industrial control panels/enclosures (design, schematics and layout)
- Motion Control (VFD, servo and pneumatic systems)
- System wiring schematics
- PLC controls
- System local networking with customers SCADA systems
- HMI and data displays
- Vision systems
- Enclosure purge systems
- Develop and maintain standard product and design documentation
- Process new equipment orders
- Work with other local and global engineers to evaluate, improve, and maintain standard products
- Develop and maintain a Regulatory Compliance plan for required products
- Provide cost estimates and design equipment for special projects
- Consult with and provide support to the commercial team to provide solutions that meet the application needs of our customers
- Work with sales and customer for interpretation and communication of requirements or specifications
- Provide technical support to the customer service team as needed
- Ensure successful interface with R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, and Sales to ensure the delivery of high quality product within schedule and cost requirements.
- Manage assigned projects to achieve cost and lead time targets, and lead initiatives on longer-term product and process improvements
- Manage and coordinate projects to meet customer requirements, delivery dates and estimated costs
- Provide expeditious support to production activities and to resolve manufacturing hold-ups, process Engineering Change Orders as needed.
Process & Product Support
- Lead process Improvement Initiatives and facilitate best practices across the BU factories.
- Coordinate effective root cause corrective action and other pro-active measures to prevent recurrence of manufacturing holdups, rework and non-conforming material.
Other tasks and projects as assigned
Other Job Requirements:
- 5% travel
Communicate designs with drafters and designers to create production drawings
- Four year Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years related experience in:
- Designing controls for industrial equipment
- PLC programming
- Industrial communication protocols
- AutoCAD or other electrical schematic design software
- Experience in automated packaging equipment and factory process controls desired
- Experience in all aspects of ISO and International Regulatory Approvals
- Some experience desirable in the design, testing, programming of PCBA’s
- DFM (Design For Manufacturability) training and practical experience
- Able to write technical material; instructions, procedures, etc.
- Experienced & knowledgeable with document control systems and enterprise resource planning systems - understands how & why bills of material, item masters, purchasing data, sales input and other features are used throughout a manufacturing business
- Able to communicate effectively with multiple departments
- Strong people and interaction skills
- Functional skills with common computer applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
Relocation Eligibility?: Yes.