uid71-formLabel data-automation-id="formLabel">Job Description Summary uid71 aria-invalid=false aria-labelledby=56$309494
uid71-formLabel dir=ltr data-automation-id="textInput">The Senior Sales Director is a key member of the Molecular Spectroscopy business Leadership Team and is responsible for leading the sales force to achieve the business units’ annual revenue, growth, and profitability objectives by creating and implementing robust forecasting and sales processes; hiring, retaining and developing key talent; and establishing and maintaining strong relationships with our customers and channel partners.
This role provides direct and indirect sales leadership over a global sales organization, including North and South America, Europe, Middle East, and Asia Pacific. A critical function of the global sales leader will be to work with BU, regional and local country management in the development and execution of commercial sales plans. Additionally, the person in this role works closely with the commercial operations and channel partners, plus all business unit management teams and operations organizations to drive customer satisfaction and optimize revenue growth.
- Responsible for achieving revenue and market share growth objectives for the Molecular Spectroscopy business
- Develop sound strategic plans that include go-to- market strategies and related tactics to optimize regional performance
- Work with Molecular Spectroscopy business product line leaders to provide voice of the customer to support the definition of new product development activities
- Work closely with BU, Country and operations/factory leadership teams to drive execution of strategy and tactics to achieve business objectives
- Define promotional tools and sales tactics to drive sales including product pricing, promotional tactics and distribution channels
- Develop a detailed understanding of local customer requirements for the product line(s) and provides input into future product specifications and product positioning. Provides a channel for communication of information and plans from the PL to the relevant Divisional teams
- Provide feedback, information, market intelligence and recommendations to improve market penetration and orders growth for the product lines
- Drive strategy with key accounts and channel partners globally
- Develop geographic business plan identifying key areas of growth potential and strategies to capture both short and long term growth.
- Accountable for the regions consistency and accuracy of CRM data including sales funnel reports of projected bookings to assist in monthly company sales forecasting and product build plans.
- Participate as a team member in all assigned corporate and focus account initiatives.
- Implement sales initiatives to drive growth including product pricing, promotional tactics and distribution channels
- Drive CRM process and associated standard work across the organization
- Establish appropriate sales targets for the regions sales team.
- Create, maintain and champion a culture of continuous improvement within the commercial function
- Take a leadership role and work closely with sales operations to deliver on set objectives
- Define and implement new sales processes and capabilities including territory management, key account and distributor management and structured sales methodologies
- Drive visibility and accountability through improved sales pipeline and forecast management processes; leverage CRM
- Develop processes to identify team shortfalls within specific product categories and institute measures to improve performance
- Responsible for the direct supervision of sales managers for targeted markets and products within the global Molecular BU. This includes setting clear objectives and responsibilities for each team member and reviewing the results on a regular basis
- Define core competency requirements of sales organization and works with regional/local country sales leaders to ensure appropriate distribution of competencies to facilitate growth
- Ensure proper support, product training and sales training in order to enhance the ability of the sales teams to make well-informed and compelling sales presentations.
- Ensure alignment with commercial marketing, product marketing, and R&D plans and roadmaps
- Drive organizational capability in response to our global business objectives
- Select, hire, train, and develop sales team capable of managing positive customer/channel partner relations and exceeding revenue targets
- Identify and develop strategic organizational effectiveness initiatives that enhance performance, productivity and employee satisfaction levels
- Understand the key competencies required to achieve organizational goals and build organizational capability through individual and organizational development planning
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or business disciplines
- Minimum of 10 years of sales management experience
- Willingness to travel at least 50% annually, including internationally
Critical Hiring Criteria:
- Proven ability to successfully lead and drive positive change within a global commercial organization
- Demonstrated success in forming interdepartmental relationships and leading a large, global sales team
- Experience within the scientific industry, preferably around material sciences instrumentation or molecular spectroscopy instruments
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions and observations from market trends, sales reports and other data sources
- Experience leading in matrix organizations
- Excellent track record in direct sales, and in managing growth businesses in a competitive environment
- MBA and foreign language experience preferred
- Strong role model sales leader with ability to develop and motivate people at all levels
- Substantiated capability to effectively negotiate and close business
- Proven success operating in a distributor/channel partner model
- Salesforce.com experience strongly preferred
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.