Field Service Engineer for HPLC installations m/f (home based)
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of
a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing
global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17
billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources
and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
In your role as a Service Engineer, you are responsible in delivering all service activities within Switzerland for: HPLC-installations (High Performance Liquid Chromatography).
- Responsible for conducting repairs, providing maintenance and validation services, as well as general customer service support
- Perform an analysis of instrument failure and provide support to the technical hotline as needed
- Contributes to the overall Service Targets with respect to bookings, revenues, service profit and overhead cost while following all internal rules, processes and practices (as they are described)
- Performs all service activities in line with internal rules and customer regulations
- Assure responsive telephone support and diagnostics as well as on-site services to exceed the customers’ expectation and making them successful by using TMO instruments. Actively promote our contract products.
- Always ensures the highest professional relationship with our customer base to achieve customer loyalty and escalate issues if necessary to solve critical tasks in the fastest way possible
- Follow our ethical business conduct guidance
- Responsible for managing the company's assets provided, such as car stock/inventory of parts, computer, telephone, general tools, software, company car, manuals etc..
- Optimize the own work schedule by coordinating with all the necessary partners for service planning/scheduling (dispatching function, Team Leader, others).
- Responsible for generating reports in an accurate and timely manner for all activities as required (e.g. field service reports, expense reports, etc.)
- Assures alignment of all activities at the customer site with the rest of TMO and informs other part of TMO of important information with respect to our customers (e.g. information about new purchases to sales/lead generation)
- Technical education and/or chemical background, or equivalent work and industry experience
- Fluent in German and good knowledge of the English language
- Valid driving license is mandatory
- Excellent inter-personal, self-motivational and negotiating skills
- Willingness to travel mainly within the appointed region, in this case it would be Switzerland. For training or special calls, international traveling including all EMEA territory and the US is required.
- 2-3 years’ experience servicing of HPLC products or as a user
- Very good PC skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities
- Knowledge in French is of advantage