When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the product category including its application by customers, the breadth of brands and competitors, and the range of category requirements demanded by the laboratory research marketplace.
- Deploy strategies to source, negotiate, contract, and implement programs and otherwise drive revenue and profitability growth of the product portfolio.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the products/suppliers and maintains cross-functional relationships with internal departments including Sales, Marketing, and Supply Chain, among others.
- Responsible for developing category pricing and positioning strategies for portfolio and implementing strategies during annual price roll in October. Additionally, we work with suppliers to negotiate price changes during the annual price roll and throughout the year, as needed.
- Will raise supplier funding for marketing, NSM and regional sales meetings, and other initiatives. Work with suppliers to plan spending of funding dollars each year targeting at promoting portfolio of products.
- Prepare for, analyze data, and conduct quarterly business reviews with key suppliers.
- Ad hoc requests to analyze category and supplier data or to support various financial and operational initiatives.
- 4+ years of lab, industrial, or safety industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations, or a scientific field.
- Confidence and poise to negotiate and manage a relationship with Director and Vice President level supplier partners.
- Knowledge of laboratory products and applications, actual working laboratory experience, or understanding of customer requirements in laboratory settings.
- Sales, marketing, or other commercial functional knowledge.
- Well-developed general business acumen with a thorough understanding of financial data and reporting methodologies, various performance metrics and ROI analyses.
- Candidate must demonstrate leadership and strong relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to travel 10-15% travel in the U.S. and Canada and a valid passport.
- 4+ years of portfolio management within the lab, industrial, or safety industry.
- An advanced degree in business or science.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, customer orientation, presentation, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop/implement strategies and sound recommendations based on both quantitative and qualitative inputs with intuitive understanding of financial drivers.
- Multi-tasking experience, flexibility, and a functional understanding of time and priority management.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell.