When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How You Will Make A Difference:
Supervise the technical support team to effectively process customer requests for product support. Assure customers are provided troubleshooting advice for WLP equipment problems, product operation information and other recommendations regarding proper function and repair. Ensures that all team members actively investigate issues, obtaining information, and applying resources to resolve customer requests, providing the highest level of customer service. Supervise overall support case load and give direction for resolution as necessary. Work collaboratively with Sales to assure resolution of key account needs for support and issue escalation. Support field service by providing technical support and collaborating to effectively resolve repair issues.
What You Will Get To Do:
• Assure prompt and accurate processing of customer requests for support. Responsible for metric reviews with team to improve process and customer experience
• Daily technical support for all International dealers & customers. Technical Support in Europe and Asia.
• Direct and monitor technical support technicians to assure that customer issues are promptly and accurately resolved through the application of sound trouble shooting techniques and correct product knowledge
• Effectively evaluate and recommend support solution paths and make decisions based on customer needs, service level goals, revenue objectives, and expense control guidelines
• Recognizes training needs, develop programs and deliver/coordinate product and skill training for support staff. Develop documentation and maintain training records, monitor and validate staff effectiveness.
• Coordinate day to day functions within technical support to assure that calls are answered, requests for information and assistance are resolved, RMA and orders for spares are processed by appropriate personnel and request for repair services are handled by appropriate personnel.
• Supervise team member activities to assure customer contacts are handled (calls answered, email replies sent), production goals and service level goals are achieved, and contact quality is assured
• Support sales team on service leads and products warranty issues
• Contacts customers as a point of escalation to resolve case issues. Considers ramifications of quality issues, key customer relationships, and service performance to pursue necessary corrective actions, as well as advising sales and service management team where required.
• Prepare and maintain all training modules and deliver technical presentations to employees, customers and dealers. Create technical bulletins and distribute to all service groups.
• Team leadership and/or project management experience
• Proven technical aptitude. Experience with Thermo Fisher equipment service and support environment preferred
o Water Analysis Instrumentation, preferred.
• Inbound call center experience and professional customer service skills including excellent listening, writing and speaking skills.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions. Resourceful to investigate paths to corrective action and resolution. Good judgment and critical reasoning skills
• Organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Experience with Salesforce / SAP preferred
• Ability to effectively coordinate team activities to assure that service level goals are met, while simultaneously handling personal case load and ongoing projects assignments.
• Ability to effectively communicate to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
• Proven technical aptitude, experience in equipment service and support environment.
• High-energy level, dependable and flexible
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
• BS in technical field (science or engineering)
• 1+ years work experience with Liquid Analytical Chemistry, process instrumentation or related field with product experience in a Services, Engineering, or Manufacturing role.
• Experience with MS Office applications including Word, Outlook and Excel
• Strong listening, speaking and writing skills
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance..
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.