Test Technician 2nd Shift
You will be a part of an extraordinary team that manufactures high end laboratory equipment for the scientific community. This includes manufacturing specialty equipment such as ultra low temperature freezers, high performance refrigeration units, laboratory baths, process chillers, furnaces and centrifuges. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
- Prepares product units and/or components for final testing. Performs all pre-test requirements to include thermocouple installation, gauging and metering. Checks measurement and/or recording equipment to ensure proper working order.
- Performs specified testing and observes product and/or components to verify data elements are within expected test parameters as required. Records all test data and assures that product and component test conditions are completely defined. Identifies any data points in question or out of parameter.
- Prepares data summary as required by work order and workstation instructions. Maintains permanent record file or test data. Collects, measures and analyzes specific test data as defined by the Quality Director in order to facilitate quality process improvement initiatives established by the production/manufacturing personnel.
- Notifies supervisor or appropriate personnel of status, progress or problems encountered in testing or related activities. Can be called upon to participate in any quality process improvement initiative based on technical expertise and knowledge of the testing processes.
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices.
- Cleans immediate work area and performs other duties as required by the QC department management personnel.
Requires skill in the use of test equipment such as amp meters, temperature recorders, winding testers and pressure transducers. Must have a basic knowledge of refrigeration and electrical systems and must be able to read and interpret print schematics. Must be skilled in the use of a wide range of tools common to refrigeration and electrical trades. Must have the ability to collect and maintain test data for quality process improvement initiatives. Must have knowledge of computer, spread sheets, programs and DOS back up procedures. Must be knowledgeable in data analysis and measurement. Technical service training will be provided. Must work with sensitive test equipment.
Works with completed units, with little likelihood of damage to product. Carelessness could result in scratches or dents on cabinet surfaces. Improper diagnosis of test results could result in shipment of defective products.