Job ID :
Canada - Ottawa
- Apply PLC and HMI programming skills and knowledge to troubleshoot, modify and improve PLC / HMI programs used to run production equipment.
- Perform regularly scheduled maintenance and calibration of production equipment (including sterilizers, dispensing lines, wrappers, inkjet printers, print and apply systems, conveyors, labeling machines and auxiliary equipment).
- Calibrate equipment including sterilizers, scales, incubators, freezers, fridges and environmental sensors.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment and quality issues.
- Assist Engineers and other Technicians in implementation of process improvements.
- Monitor spare parts inventory, submit requisitions and order spares parts and equipment supplies. Interact with contractors to troubleshoot and maintain auxiliary equipment, including air compressor, boiler and steam system, RO System, HEPA filters, incubators, freezers and fridges. Records keeping and documentation
- Use time management and time planning techniques to set goals for all relevant projects as requested by the manager or supervisor.
- Document work done on equipment by filling out paper work, shift report and updating maintenance / calibration database.
- Follow all written procedures. Suggest changes / improvements in procedures when required.
- Ensure designated uniform maintained in good condition at all times and wear appropriate cleanroom apparel and gown daily according to Standard Operating Procedures where required. Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for specific tasks.
- 2 or 3 year diploma in Electro-Mechanical, Robotics, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Instrumentation and Controls Technician or related program.
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, calibrating and testing process control equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Experience with servo motor control, programmable Logic Controllers PLC, HMI and Pneumatics
- Familiar with ISO 9000 standards and metrology would be an asset.
- Must be able to read and use schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Must be able to follow oral directions and perform procedures as assigned.
- Must be able to read, understand, and implement written and/or verbal test, inspection and maintenance procedures.
- Working PC skills including Windows, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Autocad.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adjust priorities based on workload demands.
- Ability to rotate shifts: day (7:00 am – 3:30 pm) evening (2:00 – 10:30 pm).