Job Title: Inventory Coordinator (Site Specialist II)
Job ID: 43206BR
Location: Cambridge, MA
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
About Us- Unity Lab Services
We are a single source for integrated services, support and asset management for laboratory customers to maximize operational productivity.
As a Site Specialist II, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing both a general consumables stockroom as well as chemical vault and ensure uninterrupted flow of product to meet the Service Level Agreement (SLA) of the customer.
- Responsible to work with the supervisor to resolve all corrective actions resultant from outages or backorders that affect the end user community.
- Helps facilitate quote requests to the end user in conjunction with the sales team for the site.
- Executes third party and specialized orders within service level agreement with the customer.
- Cross covers a variety of specialized and general customer service duties for other staff at the site.
- Managing general consumable stockroom to ensure uninterrupted flow of product to meet the Service Level Agreement (SLA) of the customer.
- Responsible to work independently to resolve all corrective actions resultant from outages or backorders that affect the end user community and escalate most complex items to the supervisor to help resolve.
- Understands key metrics and performance indicators (measure, impact, etc.)
- Required to both accept and make customer calls to clarify orders or respond to inquiries. Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times
- Works backorder report as required, determines status of backordered items, works to expedite and facilitate shipments, communicates with end user on ETA and/or cancellations.
- Recommends process improvements, communicates with direct supervisor any customer issues or potential problems. Maintains, reports and improves upon the key performance indicators relevant to the operation.
- RGA Management: Executes product returns and credits process
- Requisition Management: Crosses supplier and/or competitor items to Fisher items where possible, provides quotations to the customer at sales direction. Continually clarifies needs of customers and strives to meet and exceed customer requirements and expectations; proactively follows up and recommends corrective action for issues or problems;
General customer interaction
- Interfaces with internal customers within segment responsibilities, ensures accurate response to end users, provides superior overall service to the customer community, coordinates and synchronizes efforts with sales.
- Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Takes direction from Site Supervisor regarding daily duties.
- Independently makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements.
- Ensures all business rules and timelines established by the customer are met.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientific's Intranet and SharePoint document management system as well as the customer's intranet site.
- Positively represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations. Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Fisher.
- High School Education required
- 1-3 years customer service experience
- 2 years inventory management preferred
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Proven track record for excellence in interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills, critical to this role which works directly with internal and external customers.
- Self-motivated, stress and pressure resistant, positive attitude, proactive within job function, must demonstrate solid time management skills
- Highly organized, attentive to details, have strong prioritization/time management.
- Good attendance record
- Computer/software skills (Outlook, Excel, Word a must. PowerPoint a plus)
- Other duties as assigned
- Works primarily at a customer location in a combined office which includes cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks or laboratory environments
- High volume, fast paced office.
- Must be able to work overtime as required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.