This position is within the Fisher BioServices business unit of Thermo Fisher Scientific. The Account Manager is responsible for sales, account management, and developing new business for the Life Sciences business segment product lines and/or services throughout a specified territory.
- Manage and grow existing accounts with manufacturers by selling process chemicals and associated chemical management services following cGMP standards
- Develop new business at existing accounts, develop a pipeline and close business with prospective customers
- Build customer relationships that enhance our position and profitability
- Work with manufacturer sales representatives and develop key strategic pipeline targets
- Identify business opportunities in new markets consistent with Life Sciences and Advanced Technology business segment product lines and/or services
- Help identify new products, services, and vendors to expand product portfolio
- Responsible for meeting individual personal objectives and revenue goals for assigned territory
- Increase engagement and success with services and supply agreements to secure business
- Increase account base of territory for new target customers
- Routinely engage with cross functional teams within Thermo Fisher
- 2 or more years of proven business development, sales and closing experience
- Demonstrated sustained success in territory and sustained success of pipeline management as well as the ability to shorten and improve the selling cycle
- A strong understanding of chemistry and the Life Science industry to be able to serve as a resource for our clients and effectively present information to engineers, managers and purchasing agents/managers.
- Self-motivated individual who is results oriented and customer focused
- Has demonstrated leadership and the ability to solve problems at multiple levels of complexity
- Demonstrates the ability to bring new opportunities to the organization and positively challenges the status quo
- Demonstrated ability to develop key exiting customers into large accounts/Key accounts
- Presentation skills to convey technical information to small and large groups.
- Demonstrates the ability to negotiate with persuasion and influence.
- Demonstrate key project management skills and ability to work in consultative team approach with multiple key elements in order to bring projects to completion (Thermo Fisher, Streamline Manager, Sales Manager, Doe & Inglas internal resources, raw material vendors, and key client personnel)
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in appropriate specialty (preference for Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Engineering or Life Sciences)
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to appropriately represent Company and effectively interact with external clients and with other disciplines within the Company such as marketing, customer service and accounting.
- Proficient computer skills (including Microsoft Office, email, CRM, and spreadsheet analysis)
- Willingness and availability to travel overnight up to 25% to visit customers, supplier facilities, and attend trade shows
This position has been approved for Relocation Assistance.