When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Position requirements and skills:
- Continuing B.S. or M.S. in bioengineering or biochemistry with some computer science/programming or molecular biology with some programming training
- Proficient with Matlab and/or Python or similar tools would be a huge plus.
- In addition to impeccable technical skills, successful candidates possess strong organizational, communication and team skills, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with a variety of laboratory devices and instrumentation, including PCR, flow cytometry, microtrac particle analysis instruments would be a plus
- An individual with some hands-on experience with current molecular biology techniques (PCR, cloning, and enzymology) and DNA sequencing would be highly regarded in consideration for this position.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Extremely motivated and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment, hard-working and multidisciplinary team
- Committed and enthusiastic about Thermofisher Scientific Next Generation sequencing programs
- Resourceful and flexible
- Adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing and following through, while remaining highly energetic and focused
- Straightforward, self-motivated, and trustworthy
- Energetic and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing a variety of activities
PART TIME CANDIDATES ARE OK.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.