When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are searching for a Senior Administrative Assistant who will maintain Outlook calendar and recurring meetings for departmental head and staff; prioritizing appropriately and using good judgment in offering solutions to complex scheduling and meeting planning as needed. Will also be able interface with all levels of within the company and interact with contractors, consultants and vendors.
• Maintain Outlook calendar and recurring meetings for departmental head and staff; prioritizing appropriately and using good judgment in offering solutions to complex scheduling and meeting planning as needed. Resolve scheduling conflicts.
• Able to interface with all levels of the Company. Interacts with contractors, consultants and vendors.
• Proactively manages communication (emails, phone calls); screening telephone inquiries, communicating messages, redirecting calls, and appropriately responding to urgent inquiries.
• Arranges and coordinates travel, including accommodations, and compiles, submits, and tracks expenses. Applies for visas when applicable. Prepare travel packets.
• Handles confidential information and documentation appropriately and effectively.
• Establishes, updates and maintains files, inventories, and records (paper, electronic, and other platforms as needed).
• Takes initiative to plan for upcoming needs of the on-site business leadership
• Provides meeting and event coordination, on and offsite, including reservations and attendee communication, setting up audio and video conferencing, as well as catering and preparation of meeting and program materials.
• Generates and composes confidential, routine and non-routine documents. Proof read documents and materials and correct as necessary and/or composes routine correspondence using predetermined formats.
• Acts as information source on departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
• Identifies administrative processes requiring improvement and engages process users in improvement efforts.
• Interfaces effectively and respectfully with employees and internal and external contacts.
• Assists in training other team members.
• Tracks and facilitates R&D instrument contract renewals.
• Processes necessary invoices and manage multiple system requests (expenses, purchase orders).
• Provides general clerical support as necessary.
• Other special tasks and duties as assigned or requested such as arranging for work anniversary celebrations, happy hours, team picnics.
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Consistently demonstrates a positive, ‘can do’ and service-oriented attitude.
• Strong oral and written communicator; detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy.
• Self-motivated, with initiative and the ability to take ownership of, and follow through with, specific tasks.
• Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
• Resolves day-to-day administrative problems with limited supervision.
• Ability to multi task and shift priorities quickly while working under tight/changing/challenging deadlines.
• Ability to manage own work schedule with close supervisory input on priorities.
• Skilled in developing collaborative internal and external relationships.
• Demonstrate proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Concur, Workday.
• Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and deliver an excellent work product.
• Demonstrates working knowledge of company/site services, policies and procedures, (e.g. supplies, equipment, procurement, finance, HR, etc.)
• Demonstrates an understanding of basic mathematics and financial management, budgets administration, understanding of the systems utilized.
• A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, preferably in a life sciences, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, health care, high tech or other service sector company environment.
• High school diploma, GED, secretarial/business school certificate.
• College degree, or equivalent experience, desired
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.