We require a Manufacturing Technician to assist in production at the Protein Separations Unit.
In this position you will be part of a hardworking, fun and dynamic team. If you are a team player, interested in science, self-motivated and have excellent communication skills then this is the role for you.
- To take full responsibility for the manufacture of products as delegated by the Production Team Leader and Production Supervisor.
- To actively participate in the writing and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Complete all Production tasks as scheduled on a daily and weekly basis.
- Update and write Batch Sheets and SOP’s pertaining to new and existing processes.
- Report and identify problems associated with machinery breakdowns to the Senior Technician/Production Supervisor.
- Be prepared to be on the call-out list for equipment breakdown.
- Notify Team Leader / Production Supervisor of packaging, chemicals and consumable needs.
- Academic qualifications to sixth form certificate, in Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology, or a tertiary qualification primarily in a biological science is preferred.
- Experience working in a production environment, especially food, milk processing or related to biotechnology.
- Knowledge of general separation techniques
- Experience working in cGMP
- Knowledge of computer applications and current software is desirable. General understanding of machinery and mechanics is advantageous.
- Accepting of flexible hours
- Accurate, with proven attention to detail
- Safety minded in work practices
- Natural communicator, both written and oral