As a Distribution Material Handler you will work in a team based environment performing material handling duties within a busy warehouse, which include picking & packing of customer orders to meet tight deadlines ensuring orders are shipped right first time.
- Perform warehouse duties in line with current standard operating procedures and in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practice
- Fully embrace company’s PPI (Practical Process Improvement Program) 5s supporting continuous improvement initiatives
- Participates actively in team meetings
- Safely operate distribution equipment, as required, i.e. Counter balance and Reach truck are essential, full up to date license required
- PC skills to use in house software packages for Pick/Pack/Ship daily of customer orders
- Maintain records to comply with regulatory requirements, GMPs and SOPs.
- Operate and maintain mechanical equipment
- Perform any in process checks
- Perform duties in a safe and efficient manner, proactively resolving any issues as they arise
- Ensure housekeeping standards are met
Minimum Qualifications/Experience Required:
- Forklift license for both Reach and Counter balance models is required and Bendy would be an advantage but not essential.
- Experience of working in a warehouse environment is required and knowledge of computer systems would be advantageous
- Work well in a team, be flexible to work additional hours if required to meet the demands of the business
- The ability to problem solve effectively and make recommendations would also be hugely advantageous for this role.
- Working on a shift basis you will be required to stand for extended durations
- Required to routinely push and pull and/or lift up to 25kg on a regular basis
- Required to walk and may occasionally sit, kneel, crouch
- Required to work in a work environment where the noise level is usually moderate to high.
- Required to handle hazardous goods and materials
- Work in a warehouse environment under various temperatures including room temperature, cold-room and/or freezer-room (minus 36 to 46 degrees F)