Position Summary: A commercially aware Purchasing Administrator to support all aspects of the company’s purchasing, inventory control and material management processes. Responsible for procurement activities, including forecast, plans, prepares, issues and control of materials to ensure continuous flow and delivery of materials as determined by MPS/MRP system and/or Sales and Service requirements. The role will interface with all internal departments and also liaise with suppliers
- Issue, amend and maintain purchase orders based on ERP system confirming supplier capabilities to meet all requirements
- Review MPS daily and address exceptions, proactively expedite delivery of materials from suppliers and update the ERP system with real time data to provide visibility to internal stakeholders.
- Act as first point of contact for pricing/invoicing/delivery queries and general correspondence for the Purchasing function.
- Continually update and maintain ERP system, by utilising best practices that optimise procurement of material.
- Lead and/or work with cross functional teams to resolve inventory, production and quality issues as they arise.
- Lead and/or participate in cross functional special projects that improve business and departmental processes and reduce costs.
- Maintain supplier performance metrics including, but not limited to, on time delivery, price variance.
- Provide appropriate procurement support to new product development and communicate Engineering Change Orders (ECO) to suppliers.
- In conjunction with the ‘Sourcing Program Leaders’, locate, survey and select suppliers of materials and services for the company. AS appropriate reduce supplier base and aggregate volume to gain leverage.
- Other duties as assigned
Decision Making Authority
- Authorized to approve purchases up to £15,000 per purchase order.
- Authorized to scrap materials up to £100.
- Locate and nominate secondary sources to Sourcing Manager for approval.
Degree or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 2 years experience in purchasing/business related discipline preferably in manufacturing. Experience with MPS/MRP II and inventory control is desired. Must have a customer focus with ability to enhance internal stakeholder relations. Must be MCIPS or working toward. Occasional UK and Global travel required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Ability to follow through on tasks to completion
- Ability to take initiative and exercise astute business judgement to drive performance
- Demonstrate awareness for effective Process improvement techniques and methodology
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer literacy including MS Office skills and experience of ERP and MRP systems
- Good interpersonal skills, working cooperatively with others in sharing and listening to ideas.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw actionable conclusions.
- Good organizational and time management skills.