Job Title: Operations Program Manager
Requisition ID: 43233BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
The Operations Program Manager supports Thermo Fisher Scientific Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) critical NPI (New Product Introduction) projects.
As such s/he is responsible for the successful introduction of new products into Operations, meeting deadlines, budget and performance requirements -Product Requirements Document (PRD).
This role is also involved with a variety of sustaining and productivity projects benefiting the business unit.
Product Commercialization Process (PCP) and New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Responsible for new product introduction programs into Operations. Programs are composed of a portfolio of projects focused on hardware, reagents and sensors.
- Coordinating manufacturing and sourcing capabilities (Manufacturing, Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM), Logistic, Quality, and Finance), articulating the optimum project path toward Product Requirements Document (PRD) fulfillment and leading its execution.
- Initiating an extended team to plan and coordinate several smaller projects in the Manufacturing Operations area, involving supplier selection, component sourcing, make-versus-buy recommendations, supply chain, SKU creation, quality control, validation, vendor qualification, planning, costing.
- Organizing project reviews and providing project status updates to the Operations Leadership.
- Responsible for initiating project plans and reports in accordance with PCP (Product Commercialization Program) requirements.
- Coordinate the efforts of technical teams in the field of software, mechanical design, plastics, fluidics, automation, Printed Circuit Board (PCB), Field Programmer Gate Array (FPGA), Graphics Processing Units (GPU), power supplies, semiconductor, packaging, molecular biology reagents, chemicals.
- Support and participate into Practical Process Improvement (PPI) initiatives.
- Ensure required compliance levels with regulatory agencies are met: ISO13485, cGMP, 21CFR820 regulations, safety, emissions and shipping.
- Assist the Buyer/Planner during the Verification & Validation (V&V) and Commercialization phase.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Coordinate Operations efforts, in association with corporate global supply chain resources to develop sourcing strategy aligned with the Business Unite (BU) objectives.
- Lead cost reduction initiatives, productivity planning and quality Improvement.
- Lead “Tiger” team toward resolution. Assign resources working with Product managers, Field Application Specialist (FAS), Field Service Engineer (FSE), R&D, QA, QC to ensure issue containment, root cause identification and mitigation. Review with QA trends and plan adequacy.
Requires a four-year bachelor’s degree
Program/Project management certification a plus
Requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the management of multidisciplinary teams, in a high-tech environment involving biological instruments and reagents, chemistry and bioinformatics
Experience with In-Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) products strongly preferred.
Working knowledge of the PCP roadmap (Product Commercialization Process)
Experienced with quality systems compliant with ISO 13485 and cGMP
Hands-on experience with manufacturing and logistic organizations desired
Own the Customer
- Is customer-centric
- Is tenacious, decisive, nimble and quick
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a “can do” attitude
Find a Better Way
- Is strategic, astute and forward-thinking
- Is curious, inquisitive, innovative, never satisfied with the status quo
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Has courage and confidence to take risks and learn from mistakes
- Is authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable
- Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
- Stretches across borders, breaks silos and builds effective partnerships with customers and colleagues
- Embraces and leverages diversity of culture and thought
- Works in an office environment. Some traveling required.
- This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.