Job Title: QC Scientist III
Requisition ID: 43432BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
Work in a team based environment and perform Quality Control assays/experiments on molecular biology reagents (bulks, components, finished goods) for use in research and commercial scientific products for the life sciences industry. Experiments are performed following controlled protocols and data is recorded on batch records following good documentation practices.
Key Objectives of the Role:
- Utilize specialized technical knowledge and skills to make detailed observations and analyze data within operating parameters. Assist with troubleshooting for specific processes or activities as assigned.
- Maintain equipment, product inventories and related records as assigned. Note variances on manufacturing documents; audit and evaluate process documents and propose revisions.
- Identify opportunities to optimize existing manufacturing processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Advise the team lead/manager of factors that may affect quality of the product, initiate problem reports for deviations and non-conforming materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other related discipline and 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing or research laboratory -OR-
- Master’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other related discipline and 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing or research laboratory.
- Experience in the use of scientific laboratory techniques, equipment and materials:
- End-Point PCR, Quantitative PCR.
- Bioanalyzer (Agilent).
- Chromatography: HPLC, UPLC, HPIC.
- Small/Medium Scale Nucleic Acid Purification.
- Polyacrylamide and Agarose Gel Electrophoresis.
- OD Measurements via Spectrophotometer.
- Cloning and Transformations.
- Ion Torrent PGM/Proton (preferred).
- Bench work in both a lab environment and manufacturing facility with specialized equipment.
- Ability to carry out scientific procedures and make recommendations for improvement.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Lifting up to 20 lbs will be required on a frequent basis.
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Ability to work independently/in a group setting with direct supervision.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in identifying problems and contributing to solutions.
- Experience in ISO 90001, ISO 13485 and/or GMP manufacturing environment.
- Displays positive attitude toward job and others.
- Good problem solving skills.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- May intermittently sit at desk/lab bench for a long period of time to perform experiments, write, and use a keyboard to communicate through written means.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.