Administer and perform service/calibration/maintenance on automated lab equipment for various customers in locations throughout the United States. Create and maintain strong customer relationships via superior service and technical support in the field. When not in the field, the individual will assist in the factory-based service depot with repair, maintenance, and calibration of customer-owned lab equipment.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Promote, quote, schedule, and perform On-Site & In-Depot maintenance and repairs of customer-owned automation lab equipment.
- Schedule and perform installation of new equipment at customer sites.
- Produce and distribute high quality Field Service Reports of work performed.
- Promote and Quote service contracts for automation equipment customers.
- Work with equipment vendors to report quality issues and maintain technical knowledge of current and emerging automation equipment.
- Quality Control support including new process development, technical communications, training, and troubleshooting.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel internal and external to the company.
- Maintain and update CRM database.
- Comply with Thermo Fisher Scientific Corporate Travel and Expense Policies.
- No travel restrictions
- Ability to travel 65%+ of the time
- Associate Degree in an engineering related field or equivalent experience(Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- 3+ years experience in Field Service
- High proficiency in technical troubleshooting and repair
- Experience in customer relationship management
- Excellent computer skills including an understanding of Microsoft Office applications and Operating Systems (Windows, Word, Excel and Access)
- Ability to effectively learn and use CRM applications (SalesForce.com experience preferred)
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to operate independently, with initiative, and good business judgment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability lift and/or move up to 75 pounds