When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Manager, Planning will evolve and implement a comprehensive Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning Process for our Transplant Diagnostics business unit.
- Drive and improve inventory excess, expirations and obsolescence reduction management
- Manage capacity planning in concert with manufacturing taking into account manufacturing capability / opportunities / build plans, inventory and sales
- Manage daily production plans and work order processes
- Lead planning for new product introductions and existing products on all matters related to material availability and exposure
- Translate marketing and sales forecasts and historical order trends into a production plan to achieve company revenue goals, customer service goals, and lean productivity goals. Assure component and capacity availability
- Manages working capital (Inventory) levels to surpass financial goals
- Use and management of the SAP MRP system to execute material purchases and transactions for the business unit
- Design and analyze supply chain models and scenarios for different products to ensure the implementation and maintenance of an efficient supply chain
- Improve service levels and backorders while optimizing inventory entitlement programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, Life Sciences or related field required
- 8 years of experience in Planning and/or Purchasing
- 5 years of experience with SAP and MRP
- 3 years of managerial experience
- Experience with New Product Development/Introduction and the transition from development to manufacturing
- Strong Microsoft Office abilities (i.e. Excel, Visio, PowerPoint) with particular proficiency in Excel related to data mining, Vlookups, pivot tables, and graphs
- Proficient in SAP
- Strong social skills related to consensus building, openness to new ideas and the ability to motivate internal/external customers
- Ability to develop and maintain strong positive collaborative working relationships with intradepartmental team members
- Strong managerial and mentoring skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Performance metric experience and aptitude
- Ability to effectively work within deadlines and operational budgets to meet required supply chain strategy
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to simplify complex ideas and processes
- Detail-oriented and well organized with the ability to multitask and display consistent follow-thru on tasks, assignments, projects, etc.
The position requires up to 10% travel.
- Master’s degree
- Experience planning for manufacturing location changes and impact on global customers in a regulated environment
- Manufacturing planning background in an FDA regulated environment
- Biotechnology, pharmaceutical or medical device industry experience
This position is located in Thermo Fisher's facility in Canoga Park, CA.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.