Job Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Requisition ID: 43282BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
- Leads and manages the execution of objectives for the control of suppliers, contract manufacturers and service providers in alignment with corporate goals and objectives; including assuring the supply of on-time, acceptable product and services.
- Drives continuous improvement with procedures, policies and quality assurance methodologies including but not exclusive to: new material qualification, end of life materials/components, product development process, supplier requests for material changes and sustaining engineering. Collaborates with Procurement, R&D and Operations to effectively define roles and responsibilities and supply priorities and actions.
- Ensures the Supplier Quality function operates according to procedures and provides direction to other departments. Is a champion of problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers and customers to eliminate recurrence of non‐conformances.
- Collaborates with the Procurement team assigned to support supplied products and materials. Develops long‐term supplier relationships, generates and implements cost reduction ideas. Aligns with Purchasing to report supplier performance while monitoring ratings and uncooperative suppliers.
- Review and approves supplier records including but not exclusive to: contracts, quality plans, change requests, SCARs/CAPAs, NCRs, verification and validation protocols and reports. Manages the Material Review Board meetings, Supplier Review Board meetings and other critical decision-making meetings as required to define Suppliers roles, responsibilities and effectiveness.
- B.S. Engineering/Operations Management, Biological Sciences or equivalent.
- 5-10 years related experience in Supplier Quality.
- 5-10 years working experience with IS0 13485 and/or 21 CFR Part 820.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Lead auditor training and certification preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certified highly preferred.
- International travel/foreign business exposure a Plus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.