Job Title: QE II
Requisition ID: 43885BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals
The Quality Engineer develops and operates quality control systems. Applies and analyzes testing and inspection procedures. Uses metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices. Other duties include providing technical and problem solving support for products in manufacturing and development. Support will include follow up to nonconformance reporting, corrective action planning, participation in development and manufacturing risk assessments, and preparing quality and inspection plans for new product and component introduction.
Quality Engineer will be responsible for ensuring product planning is in accordance with site Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and applicable Thermo Fisher Scientific policies.
- Develop QA plans and other required process control procedures to ensure processes, work in progress and finished goods meet the specified quality standards (e.g. Receiving Inspection, Self-Successive Planning and First Article Inspection Preparation as needed)
- Support New Product Introduction by participating in Quality Plan, FMEA, Risk Assessments.
- Support review and approval of drawing, assembly and test plans.
- Serve as MRB Chair and maintain report on trends of product nonconformance
- Perform Final Inspection (as required) and maintain First Past Yield (FPY) reports
- Active participant in Corrective and Preventive Action Program
- Ensure timely resolution of supplier failure, corrective actions and preventative actions
- Support receiving inspection and final test as needed (e.g. Objectives, % Acceptance Analysis)
- Engineering support with special projects
- Participate in continuous improvement teams
- Quality Systems Support as needed
- Read and interpret component and assembly drawings
- Must have excellent math skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Use of basic measuring instruments such as scales, calipers.
- Working knowledge of root cause analysis or other problem solving tools.
- Knowledge of FMEA desirable
- Must be able to communicate with customers on a professional level.
- Must be able to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work independently with occasional assistance.
- Ability to take ownership for general processes/products.
- Must have basic understanding of Production Schedules.
- Must be well organized.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Demonstrated Role Model Leader Characteristics:
- Embody the 4-I values
- Delight customers
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Focus on growth
- Champion employee development
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associates Degree desirable with three years assembly/manufacturing experience in QA or 8 years of on-the-job experience in related field (2 years in electro-mechanical desired).
- Three years of experience must be in a decision-making position
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Ability to work in a fast paced controlled cleanroom environment up to 8 hours a day with additional overtime as required.
- Must have the ability to stand and move about including reaching, bending, stooping, grasping.
- Must have the ability to use hand tools and equipment including forceful gripping, grasping, pushing, pulling and repetitive motion.
- Must have the ability to frequently lift and manipulate up to 40 pounds unassisted.
This position does not have allocations for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.