When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $17 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The position is responsible for establishing a high degree of assurance that Radiation Measurement and Security Instrumentation have been fully validated, such that they will perform consistently as intended and in accordance with global regulatory requirements. The individual will design, document and execute tests that ensure product adherence to design requirements and specification. The individual will collaborate with and support various cross functional teams such as software design engineering, IT, field support, and product management.
- Ensure the quality of the hardware & software to design requirements
- Ensure design requirements are testable
- Meet deadlines for assigned tasks and scheduled deliverables
- Develop, implement, execute and maintain test plans, protocols, test scripts, test equipment, and traceability matrix for design verification & validation.
- Develop Verification testing to verify engineering principles, regulatory requirements, organization standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Generate and/or update summary reports
- Participate in practical process improvements
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and follow internal Standard Operating Procedures, including documentation of testing & verification procedures
- Using problem tracking software, report issues discovered during testing.
- Communicate with Software Development, Marketing, Technical Services, and other project team members to ensure schedules and requirements are consistent with project expectations
- Proactively communicate project status, issues & risks to the project team and to management.
- Interface effectively and collaboratively with global R&D team.
- Test equipment budgeting, purchasing, monitoring and testing.
- Coordinate with other personnel or departments who will be affected by testing.
- Train individuals involved in verification and validation activities as needed
- Participation in review and update of SOPs in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Familiarity with In-Circuit-Testing and functional testing
- Experience working in a regulated industry with regulations such as ISO, CE, RoHS, UL, IEC, and NEC that are specific to Test Engineering practices.
- Other duties as defined within the scope of the position.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or Science discipline (SW or Electrical preferred)
- 2-5 years related work experience in Test or Verification engineering
- Good understanding of testing methodology and software development life cycle.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and problem solving skills. Fluent in English language.
- Ability to read and understand electronic schematics and manufacturing drawings
- Knowledgeable in technology (e.g. electromechanical devices, instrumentation, embedded systems, etc.)
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Existing (or ability to acquire) permission to enter U.S. government facilities, such as DOE.
This position does NOT have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.