Purchasing Operations Backlog Lead
Job ID :
US - Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh
- Owns and actively manages actions to support backlog reduction to meet/exceed internal revenue recognition goals and improve customer satisfaction for franchise business.
- Develop and facilitate plan with purchasing team to address aged past due lines to update and maintain current customer promise date.
- Responsible for tools, processes, and metrics associated with backlog management and communicating/publishing results to team
- Develop quarter end and year end strategies to recognize revenue based on company financial goals.
- Follow up on high $ impact orders that are past due to get update promise date for end customer.
- Collaborate and implement strategy to manage backlog with top impacting suppliers.
- Obtain updated promise date or resolve issue for weekly focus orders and meet/exceed target backlog resolution % set each week.
- Identify and ensure quarterly focus orders ship prior to quarter end based upon forecast.
- Utilize all Microsoft Office tools and data mining tools (SQL and Cognos) to track service levels and outages.
- Act as purchasing representative in the quarterly cross-functional reviews and support team’s efforts.
- Understand the backlog root cause (BORC report) and trends associated with each root cause to drive actions and create focus.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and projects for department manager.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects and lean philosophy initiatives
- 1+ years of experience working in supply chain or related field (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or related degree (strong internship experience will be considered).
- Working knowledge of Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Project management experience.
- APICS certification (CPIM, CIRM, CSCP).
- Experience using SQL Server, COGNOS, or other data mining tools.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good influencing skills.