When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Position Summary: You will be a part of an extraordinary team that manufactures high end laboratory equipment for the scientific community. This includes manufacturing specialty equipment such as ultra-low temperature freezers, high performance refrigeration units, furnaces and centrifuges. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Position Summary: A Final Inspector:
- Matches the product order with the available stock units.
- Visually inspects units for paint and construction flaws.
- Visually checks to assure that each component is securely placed in the unit, such as handles, lids, doors, wiring, connections, clamps and other parts properly installed, properly aligned and correct color, style.
- Assures that all paperwork, including the manual and diagrams are attached to the unit and are accurate.
- Types all data plates and affixes to unit, assuring proper voltage and charge are included as well as UL and C.S.A. tag.
- Performs in-process inspections as requested.
- Coordinates final shipments with crating coordinator and notifies production coordinator of units ready for shipment.
- Verifies accessories with orders, and checks packaging of these accessories to assure safe delivery.
- Verifies changes on orders with sales prior to shipment.
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices.
- Run production and quality control forms on copier as needed.
- Enters all shipments in computer and verifies accuracy.
- Checks computer to see if stock units have an order to match it with.
- Orders materials from stock room and sales to enable production employees to finish products.
- Cleans immediate work area
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of six months of experience of prior refrigeration training and/or experience helpful to learn the job.
- Quality stamp is preferred
- Must be familiar with all components of various styles of freezer and refrigeration units and know the requirements of a quality product, following detailed instructions as needed.
- Must have basic clerical skills of typing and filing.
- Works with engineering, production and sales as required