Job Title: Manager, Manufacturing
Career Track: Management
Career Band: 7
FLSA Status: Exempt
Position Summary: Reporting directly to the Director, Manufacturing, this position is responsible for ensuring successful execution of the day-to-day manufacturing operations associated with life science mass spectrometers and multichannel liquid chromatography instrumentation in an FDA regulated environment. In this role, the Manager, Manufacturing will lead a team of approximately 30 Technicians and two Production Leads. He/she will be responsible for all aspects of people management, including performance management and development, conflict resolution, and employee engagement.
- Work with relentless intensity and innovative problem solving to achieve goals related to safety, quality, cost and on-time completion of quarterly build plan
- Support Operations team in strategic planning of labor, equipment, and other resources needed to achieve build plan and establish readiness for New Product Introductions
- Direct management of a team of 30+ employees comprised of Production Leads, Production Technicians and Test Technicians
- Drive a quality-focused, data-driven culture that leverages Lean tools and rigorous root cause analysis
- Collaborate with our Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing Engineering and Product Support Engineering teams to ensure the highest level of product quality and consistent material availability
- Serve on cross-functional teams to support New Product Introductions
- Coordinate implementation of engineering change orders and engineering deviation authorizations
- Provide employee performance management and compensation recommendations
- Develop a team oriented production environment focused on process improvement and continuous waste elimination
Minimum Requirements or Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of direct people management required
- 3+ years of experience in Manufacturing/Operations required
- Strong leadership and written/oral communication skills required
- Experience with Lean tools preferred
- Experience with instrument/medical device manufacturing a plus
- Must be able to exercise independent decision making skills for complex problems, methods, and corrective actions.
Physical Duties: Normal office environment with a moderate amount of bending, standing and walking. May lift up to
25 lbs. All responsibilities assume the ability to speak, hear, see and be manually dexterous.