Resin Qualification Technician
Job ID :
US - California - Sunnyvale
- Function as expert technician for testing and qualifying more complex products.
- Provide more complicated and higher level training to less experienced technicians in the group.
- Compute process parameters for raw and in-process materials.
- Operate all equipment as required and provide guidance to less experienced technicians in the operation and use of such equipment.
- Update databases as required, log labor transactions for all technicians, complete necessary transactions for: obtaining raw materials, documenting completion of work orders, record and reporting functions as documentation of test results, and other similar tasks as required.
- Order materials and supplies as needed for the functioning of the resin qualification operations.
- Provide troubleshooting support for the group on an on-going basis and to the other production groups as needed.
- Work closely with the sustaining chemist in successfully meeting the needs of the consumables group.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and smell. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of related experience or a minimum of 8 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of manufacturing software; spreadsheet software and word processing software.
Interaction with Other Employees:
- Regularly communicates with the Production Supervisor on daily work assignments and schedules and to report any relevant production related information.
- Interacts with R&D and sustaining chemists on an on-going basis in regard to troubleshooting and finding resolution to product performance issues.
- Takes an active role in high level improvement projects related to quality and productivity.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.